Sambal Kelapa Ikan Kembung is traditionally served with herbed rice but one can serve it with bread, steamed rice or even mashed potatoes if they want.
- 4 shallots
- 2 ikan kembung (mackerel)
- 1 lemongrass bulb, sliced finely
- 200 g grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Sugar to taste
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- Red chili and green chili slices
- Boil the mackerel until they cooked well.
- Drain and then get rid of the bones.
- In a blender, blend 3 shallots, fish flakes and pepper together.
- In a wok toast 1 shallot and lemongrass.
- Throw in the grated coconut keep toasting.
- Take off the heat and combine with the mackerel.
- Add the salt and sugar.
- Serve by garnishing with onion and chili slices.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
Course: Side Dish