The petai makes a big difference in the Anchovy Sambal recipe. Try this easy Sambal petai recipe and see for yourself.
- 100 gm dried anchovies
- 3-5 shallots
- 30 gm petai, shelled, rinsed
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
- 30 ml tamarind juice
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 cm belacan
- Olive oil for cooking
- Cut the petai into halves.
- Combine the shallots with belacan and make a fine paste.
- Heat the olive oil into a pan and fry the anchovies crispy.
- Throw in the red chili paste, shallots and stir well.
- Throw in the petai and tamarind juice to it.
- Add in the sugar and reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Fix the seasoning and serve with rice.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Ready in: 15 minutes
Course: Side Dish