The presence of pineapple really makes a big difference in this tropical sambal recipe.
- 4 beef porterhouse steak, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- ½ fresh coconut, flesh broken into large pieces
- cup chopped coriander
- 2cm ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ cup chopped peeled pineapple
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 pineapple
- Start by preparing the pineapple sambal, blend coarsely the coconut flesh and combine only half of it with ginger, pineapple, fish sauce.
- In a pan heat 1 tsp of oil and fry the beef brown in batches.
- Transfer into a place. Pour rest of the oil and fry the garlic and onion for 1 minute.
- Throw in the beef, sambal pelek to it and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Throw in the left over coconut and the coriander. Stir well and transfer into a place.
- Serve with pineapple and rice.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
Course: Main course