If you love prawns and relish it in its all forms, then this Dried Prawn Sambal recipe would really delight you. Dried prawn taste great with the hint of Malay style of cooking.
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
- 15 dried chilies
- 6 shallots, peeled
- 1/2 cup dried prawns
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- tbsp tamarind juice
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Cooking olive oil
- Soak the dried chili and the dried shrimp separately into bowls for 30 minutes.
- Take the seeds out of the chilies.
- Into a blender, throw in the shallots, chilies and garlic.
- Blend for about 2 minutes.
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the paste for 2 minutes.
- Throw in the shrimps.
- Pour the juice, sugar and salt to it.
- Toss around for 2 minutes and serve hot.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 25 minutes
Course: Side Dish