Sambal Chicken recipe is of course a hot favorite not only amongst the natives of Malaysia, but also the tourists love it. The kids who have a spicy tooth also relish it with ease.
- 2.5 lbs of chicken leg and thigh
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp peanut olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp mixed with 4c of water
- 1 inch square dried shrimp paste
- 1.5 tbsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp of salt
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 small shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 20 g galangal (1.5 inch slice)
- 1.5 tbsp cashews, chopped
- 3 small red Chilies, seeded
- 1 Kaffir leave
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cleaned and pounded
- Into a blender, blend the turmeric, Galangal, ginger, shallots, cashews, garlic, shrimp paste and chilies.
- In a pan, heat the oil and fry the paste for about 4 minutes.
- Throw in the kaffir leave and the lemongrass. Throw in the chicken and stir.
- Pour the tamarind water and cover with lid. Cook for 7 minutes.
- Add salt and sugar to it. Serve hot with rice.
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 25 minutes
Course: Side Dish