This sambal oelek recipe is full of protein and tastes wonderful. The procedure of making it is also fairly simple. Try this Sambal eggs.
- 1 tbsp sambal oelek
- 12 eggs
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 cups vegetable olive oil
- 5cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 bay leaves
- Boil the eggs into water for 7 minutes.
- Drain and set aside to cool down. Once done, get rid of the shell.
- In a pan, heat some oil and fry the eggs golden. Take off the heat and plate into a plate.
- Add some more oil and fry the onion, ginger and garlic.
- Toss around for 2 minutes.
- Throw in the tomatoes and the sambal oelek.
- Toss for 1 minute and add the bay leaves.
- Pour 1 cup of cold water to it and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Turn the heat low and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Throw in the eggs finally and cook for 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with rice.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 30 minutes
Course: Side Dish