Sambal Goreng Udang is instantly the hot favorite of the Malayan. They love it for the pungent flavors.
- 25 red chilies, seeded, chopped
- 1 kg medium prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp corn flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Dash pepper
- 350g fried tahu, cubed
- 10 shallots
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 tbsp terasi
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken stock, divided
- Combine the shrimp with 1 tbsp oil, corn flour, pepper, salt, and sugar.
- Blend the garlic, terasi, shallots and chilies until smooth.
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the chili paste.
- Toss for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tahu and again simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk to it and bring it to boil.
- Add the shrimp mix to it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ready in: 50 minutes
Course: Main course