Sambal Telur, is a classic favorite in the Malaysian Cuisine. This is an easy Sambal belacan recipe that takes only 20 minutes to prepare.
- 20 strips of dried chilies, seed removed
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 10 shallots
- 3 candlenuts
- 1.5 tsp belacan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 kaffir leaves
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, wedges
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Make a paste of shallots, shrimp, candlenuts and chilies into a blender.
- Add the water to it and blend again.
- In a pan heat the olive oil and fry the paste and kaffin leaves for 5 minutes or until the flavors start to get out.
- Pour in the tamarind juice and add onions, eggs, tomatoes, sugar and salt.
- Mix well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and serve with rice.
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
Course: Side Dish