This vegetable sambal recipe is perfect for the winter as the name suggests. One can substitute the veggies with their favorite veggies.
- 1 swede
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 litre (4 cups) vegetable stock
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 1 orange sweet potato (kumara)
- 1 tbsp shredded mint
- 1/4 cup (20g) shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts
- 4 naan bread, to serve
- Peel the sweet potato and the swede. Cut them into big chunks.
- In a pan heat the oil and fry the leek, garlic, 1 chili and ginger for about 5 minutes.
- Throw in the swede and the sweet potato and toss for 2 minutes.
- Make sure they are brown.
- Pour the stock and bring the mix to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Let it cool.
- Pour the mix into a blender and blend for 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Place them into another pan and season using salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine peanuts, chili, coconut and mint.
- Serve with this mixture on top and with naan bread.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Ready in: 35 minutes
Course: Side Dish